How To Request Military Records?

Do You Need Your Military Records?

If so, there are several ways of doing so. The two easiest (and least expensive) are:

Standard Form (SF) 180

You can complete Standard Form 180 and mail it in. The form is available here. The form includes step-by-step instructions as well as a chart listing mailing addresses.

Be sure to save a photocopy of your completed Standard Form 180 for your own files.

If your form goes to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, you can follow up after two or three weeks by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by calling (314) 801-0810.

Order Online

You may also be able to order your records online. Click here to launch the eVetRecs system.

When you order your military records it’s best to order everything including security clearances, military discharge records, and anything else pertaining to your service history.

For info on ordering Court Martial Transcripts or Law Enforcement Investigations, go here and select “Ordering a Court Martial Transcript.”

× WhatsApp